“Did it, have to the T-shirt to prove it!”
Now what? A box full of memories through your shirts? Let us turn them into a keepsake that will be EPIC for you and generations to come!! Do you you have a box full of t-shirts you just can’t part with because they hold so many memories? Let us turn your t-shirts into a usable beautiful quilt!
Here are some ideas, and the possibilities are endless!
Mix and match or make a theme-only quilt!
- Cross Country
- Church Events
- Charity Walks
- Hobbies (Quilting, Scrapbooking, Photography, Genealogy, Anything!!)
- Family Reunions
- Local Events
- National Parks
T- Shirt Quilt information and pricing
|Size||T-Shirts needed (Adult sized images)||Cost|
|Wall Hanging / Baby Quilt – approximately 40×45||8 to 10||$225.00|
|Small Lap – approximately 50×60||12 to 15||$325.00|
|Large Lap – approximately 50×72||16 to 19||$400.00|
|Twin Size – approximately 72×80 * MOST POPULAR*||20 to 24||$500.00|
|Full Size – approximately 78×86||24 to 30||$600.00|
|Queen Size – approximately 84×92||30 to 35||$650.00|
|Custom||40+ T-Shirts||Request a Quote|
To begin the process
- Determine the amount of shirt you would like to use.
- Please make sure that the shirts that you are sending are freshly laundered.
- If the shirt only has one image, no need to do anything.
- If the shirt has two images, front and back, and you want to use both images, do nothing. I will use both front and back.
- If you just want one side, place painters’ tape on the images that you want to have used. Example, there are images on the front and back of the shirt and you would like to use just the back image. Place a small piece of tape on the back of the shirt and mark use. If it works to work in the other image and it is not just advertisement, you will not be charged for an additional item I choose to use in the quilt.
- If you have a special shirt that you would like on the top, in the middle or anywhere specific in the quilt, please mark it with painters tape and write on tape where you would like it.
- Pick out color of border you would like to use.
- Additional colors are available, just let us know what you need and we will get it!
- Pick out a quilting pattern that you will like on the quilt. Patterns available here
- Contact Turtle Creek Quilting and we will send out an invoice for deposit for your quilt. After receiving your deposit, we will send you our address to mail the T-shirts to or we can arrange for pick up if local.
It takes about 6-8 weeks to complete the quilt. *It may take longer during the holiday rush, and in Spring due to graduations. Let me know when you need the quilt and I’ll let you know I can make that delivery time frame.
- Go through shirts and determine size for quilt
- Design quilt with your shirts
- Making Blocks
- Cut all the shirts
- Place interfacing on the back of shirt (to stabilize)
- Cut all shirts size that is need for quilt pattern
- Sew all the blocks together
- Sew all the rows together
- Sew on borders
- Finish quilt
- Measure and cutting backing and batting for quilt
- Load quilt onto long arm (Sewphie)
- Select pattern for long arming
- Stitch quilt together using a quilting pattern that is fitting for quilt
- Unload quilt from frame
- Trim quilt
- Make binding
- Attach binding
- Finished quilt!